An Update for CAC Parents
Dear CAC Parents & Families,
We have a few updates for you:
1) District 189 has food being sent to the Gompers everyday from 9-11am. The food will be distributed from a District bus parked in front of the Gompers Housing Authority office. The time may change, and we will update you as soon as the District informs us. Due to state health code, the food can only be served during this 2-hour window, so please take advantage.
2) If you miss this window, Project Compassion in Belleville is serving food. They are located at 6609 W. Main St. in Belleville, IL.
3) Touchette Hospital is operating with normal outpatient services for regular health and mental health services. They are running regular inpatient services, but they are trying to keep this to strict cases to leave room in case people come down with COVID-19.
4) District 189 will be handing out Chromebook laptops for students over the next two days. Please check the District's website to see the times for each school. Spectrum is offering free Wifi for parents with children who are home from school. We want to encourage you to have your kids get on the following educational sites and apps:
abcmouse.com (Free with code 7771)
Sesame Street App
econlowdown.org (for financial literacy)
NASA Kids Club
code.org (for STEM)
Mondly (foreign language)
Duo Lingo (foreign language)
As always, please be sure to monitor what the kids are watching, as we recently lost a child from a harmful YouTube challenge.
5) If you are struggling further financially as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic or are unable to work as a result, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Utility companies are also holding off on cutting off services. We will do our best to keep you informed of any community resources available to help fulfill your needs.
6) Know this above all - you are our family, we love you, and we are praying for you and our entire community during these difficult times. Even if it must be at a distance while we stay indoors, we are with you and thinking of you all.
With love in Christ,
The CAC Staff